The Poarch Creek Indians are descendants of a segment of the original Creek Nation, which once covered almost all of Alabama and Georgia. Unlike many eastern Indian tribes, the Poarch Creeks were not removed from their tribal lands and have lived together for almost 200 years in and around the reservation in Poarch, Alabama. The reservation is located eight miles northwest of Atmore, Alabama in rural Escambia County, and 57 miles east of Mobile.
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is the only federally recognized Indian Tribe in the state of Alabama, operating as a sovereign nation with its own system of government and bylaws. The Tribe operates a variety of economic enterprises, which employ hundreds of area residents. Poarch Creek Indian Gaming manages three gaming facilities in Alabama, including: Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore; Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Wetumpka; and, Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Montgomery. The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is an active partner in the state of Alabama, contributing to economic, educational, social and cultural projects benefiting both tribal members and residents of these local communities and neighboring towns.
Mvto. Thank you. Thank you for visiting our site and we hope you learn more about our People.
Notices to Tribal Members
- 8-17-17: The Tribal Council has introduced a proposed Ordinance to amend Title 7 of the Poarch Creek Indians Tribal Code. Written comments must be submitted to the Tribal Council at 5811 Jack Springs Road, Atmore, AL 36502 by 5:00 pm (CST) Thursday, August 31, 2017. If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact any of your Tribal Council members or the Legal Department at (251) 368-9136.
- 8-16-17: Attention all Tribal Members: Please visit the TMOP (Announcements section) to view a comment from Tribal Leadership on the former Senior Services Director.
- 8-7-17: A message from Tribal Member Benefits in reference to Minor's Trust has been posted in the Tribal Member Only Portal (TMOP).
- 8-1-17: The Tribal Council has posted information in the Tribal Member Only Portal (TMOP) in reference to several ongoing projects. Please take time to visit the TMOP and find out more about these projects.
- 6-30-17: Honest and Open communication is necessary and something the Poarch Band of Creek Indian's Tribal Council advocates. Please visit the Tribal Member Only Portal (TMOP) for an announcement regarding the State of the Tribe scheduled for July 29th 9-11am and the dates for the community meetings that have been scheduled up to September 2018.
- 6-30-17: Tribal Members, the long-awaited time has finally come! The Poarch Band of Creek Indians Tribal Council, along with Creek Indian Enterprises, is pleased to announce the opening days of OWA and will be offering a Tribal Member day that will take place on October 7th from 6-10pm. This day was chosen because we know that many Tribal Members and their families will be coming into town for the Annual Sovereignty Celebration that is scheduled also on October 7th from 12-4. The specifics and other additional information about the Opening and Tribal Member Day has been posted on the Tribal Member Only Portal (TMOP).
- 6-1-17: Tribal Members, please visit the Tribal Members Only Portal (TMOP) of the Poarch Creek Indians web site to view a statement from the Legal Department addressing concerns relating to Social Security and the GWE Benefits. This statement is the first item under the ANNOUNCEMENTS heading on the left side of the front page of the TMOP.
- 5-19-17: Tribal Members please visit the Tribal Members Only Portal (TMOP) of the Poarch Creek Indians website to view the recent announcement, with slides as presented at the May 18, 2017 Tribal Council Meeting, regarding a PCI Gaming economic development endeavor that we are excited to share with you.
- 5-12-17: The Tribal Council has posted a letter in the Tribal Member Only Portal (TMOP) regarding the 2017 Operating Budget Rollup.